Introducing the SMALLab Leadership Academy
Developing educational leaders in embodied learning
As tech-enabled classrooms continue to proliferate, SMALLab is committed to providing growth opportunities to educators and administrators of all levels of experience.
The SMALLab Leadership Academy builds sustainability for SMALLab at the school and district levels while developing educational leaders on campus. The program is a blended learning experience that integrates self-paced projects, writing reflections, in person collaborations, and virtual conferences. The program is aligned with the national Teacher Leader Standards (www.teacherleaderstandards.org) and addresses each of the 7 leadership domains. At the end of 2 years, participating teachers will graduate as certified SMALLab Leaders. Schools can enroll up to 3 teachers per campus in the SMALLab Leadership Academy.
Key Details and Participation Requirements
● Dedicate approximately 1 - 2 hours per week of independent work - reading research, adult learning, working in SMALLab, collaborating with other teachers.
● Collaborate with other educators in the building and the district
● Attend quarterly one-hour online meetings
● A minimum of three years of teaching or equivalent school experience
● A minimum of two SMALLab experiences with students
● Has administrative and collegial support
Join the SMALLab Leadership Academy
TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND BECOME A RESOURCE FOR YOUR SCHOOL AND YOUR DISTRICT.
Simply fill out the form below and let us know you'd like to join the Leadership Academy and a member of the SMALLab team will follow up with you about how to get started. Participants of the program graduate as Certified SMALLab Leaders, earn special designation in the SMALLab CreateStudio, and may earn Continuing Education credits, subject to district approval.